Tuesday 6 September 2011

Prolific strike rate and two debuts

There hasn't been much appearing on A United View over the last week or so. I know that you will all be gutted about this and thinking, "but where can I read some more of your wonderful football prose?" The answer can be found in a number of places.

First up I provided When Saturday Comes magazine with a few thoughts on Danny Wilson's start at Sheffield United, for their WSC Daily website feature. You can read it here:


If you follow me on twitter (@unitedite) you may have read that I recently had the opportunity to watch RSC Anderlecht take on Bursaspor in the Europa League Play Offs, whilst on a business trip to Brussels. The story of my Belgian football watching experience is detailed in my debut on Danny Last's European Football Weekends site. You can read it here:  


Playing in goal for Bursaspor that night was Scott Carson. the former England keeper left West Brom for Turkey in the Summer, and watching his performance gave me an opportunity to debut on Les Rosbifs - a site which tracks the performance of English players overseas. You can read my view on Carson here:


Finally, I answered a few questions for the Scunthorpe Telegraph's Spy in the Camp feature, ahead of the Blades' visit on Saturday. I last did it two seasons ago and it is not quite as depressing this season, although we are both a division lower.. There is no web link but if you are in the area, the paper is published every Thursday.

Upcoming on A United View, a pre Non League Day trip to Oliver's Mount to watch Handsworth FC and maybe something on the Huddersfield Town fans boycotting their trip to Bramall Lane over ticket prices.  I'll have to see if time allows.

Thanks for your continued support and readership. 

No comments:

Post a Comment